Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Birthday #73


Tuesday, July 7, 2020

As the song says, today I completed my 73rd "trip around the Sun."

A gorgeous California day made for a beautiful backdrop to my birthday celebrated with family and a surprise midday visit by friend Debi Murphy.

Before I go any farther, I need to thank everyone who took the time to send me birthday wishes from, quite literally, all over the world today. The internet can be humbling at times.

Prosecco was the right choice

Isn't it always?

I only had one wish today, too cook dinner for the family.

Michael volunteered to be . . .

. . . my Sous-Chef!

Wine always makes cooking
much more fun

With Laurie, Jacob and
Michael

Our pasta turned out quite
well if you ask me

Chef and Sous-Chef love

It was a touching moment for me to be sure.

A happy Mary joined us

We had some amazing gelato for dessert to top off our Italian dinner!

If only Jenn, Andy and Kevin could have been here from Las Vegas, then the evening would have been PERFECT!

Reading Is FUNdamental!

A real corker of a story

I had never heard of Italian bicycle legend Gino Bartali until our son Michael, a cycling enthusiast himself, gave me this book last week.

It was interesting to say the least, especially his World War II anti-Nazi exploits.

No comments: