Sunday, July 3, 2016

Trying to Battle Jet Lag but Losing


Saturday, July 2, 2016:

Everything was unpacked from the flight home from Sweden and, YAHOO, nothing was broken.

I had a good night's sleep but I was still feeling the effects of traveling half way around the world in 11 hours.

I did my first weigh-in since leaving for Upplands Väsby on April 25th.

Happily, I lost 4.5 kilos/10 lbs. during my two months abroad. This is a tribute to lots and lots of walking in spite of continued dietary issues, a.k.a., FIKA TIME!

Today was a family day as Mike, Vanessa, Jacob and Mary were coming to Casa Contreras to watch the Italy vs. Germany Euro Cup 2016 game at noon.

Jacob was still proudly wearing
his new Team Sweden jersey

 Mike was in his Team Italy
jersey and celebrated Italy's
goal to tie the game

Jacob and Mary lost game
focus during extra time play

The game ended 1-1 in regulation time and the score was the same after the two 15 minute extra time periods.

In the wild shootout, Germany prevailed to 6-5 to move on to the semi-finals on Thursday against the winner of today's Finland-France game.

Only one thing to do now . . .

. . . play a game of Swedish Kubb,
a.k.a., "KILL THE PEASANTS!"
in the back yard

Aiki Parts gave me a Kubb set as a birthday present at Thursday night's BBQ at her home.

Mike and I had played it once back in 2010 in Hässleholm at a post-Hurricane game party and enjoyed it greatly.

GREAT PRESENT!!!

Not to fear, we moved Jacob and Mary out of harm's way before starting to throw the sticks Jacob is holding.

Jacob decided to be my partner but I don't think he understood all of the rules.

Neither did Mike and I.

GAME ON!!!

 Jacob's NRA inspired addition
to our Kubb game

 Nothing like a dip in the pool
after a hard game of Kubb

Well, actually, there is something else that works in this situation . . . 

. . . a Double-Double with Grilled
Onions at In-N-Out Burgers

I thought about their
100 x 100 but sanity prevailed

The Jet Lag attacked me again and I was in bed by 8:30 p.m.

Life is good.

No comments: