Sunday, February 14, 2021

Covid Relief AT LAST


Tues.-Sun., February 9-14, 2021

Before we start on the review of our latest week of pandemic life in California, we must defer to today's international day for lovers . . .

And so do Laurie and I

This photos pretty much captures my
inner soul as we approach the Covid-19
one year mark

We celebrated Tuesday with,
what else . . .

. . . pizza for lunch

After lunch, the chess battles
began in earnest

On Thursday, we went
to a local park for exercise
after school was out

Even Laurie got into the
Physical Fitness mood

Still tough for Jacob
but he is getting better

The Los Angeles Kings NHL team
has a player from Upplands Väsby!

I spent the Springs of 2016 and 2017 coaching the Wäsby Warriors based in that Swedish city just outside of Stockholm.
 
Results from this weekend's Spanish
Serie B American football games

Our L'Hospitalet Pioners had a bye this week.

The APLAZ. in the score box of the Valencia derby between the Giants and Firebats means that their game was postponed until April 17th.

It's lonely at the top for the
3-0 Pioners

In news from the Barcelona Gladiators who will play in the fledgling European League of Football this Summer, they named a Head Coach this week.

Coach Rita is a veteran of several
European, American and Canadian
football campaigns

I continue to try to help the Gladiators Administrators, Bart Iaccarino and Jesús  Sánchez, in any way that I can from afar.

Finally, Ventura lowered the age
for the Coronavirus vaccine to
65 or older

I got my first shot on Saturday

After making my appointment on-line, it only took me seven minutes from the time I got out of the car until the vaccine was coursing through my body.

My nurse was a delightful lady named Lovely, thus her name tag read:
LOVELY
VACCINATOR


I thought that Vaccinator was her last name but she cleared that up for me quickly.

More importantly, she made sure that my dose of the Pfizer vaccine contained the Bill Gates microchip that makes for easy, quick weight loss.

I get my second dose in about three weeks while Laurie gets her first dose on Monday.

I have experienced no negative side effects, other than a little tenderness localized to the vaccine site on my arm, since receiving my shot about 24 hours ago.

America, WHAT A COUNTRY!


No comments: